Home > General resources >Learning about the culture of the Canadian classroom
Culture in the Canadian Classroom Resources
Ontario and Canadian Sites
- Elementary and Secondary Education Information on schools in Ontario including new initiatives .
- Settlement.Org Ontario Settlement information and resources for immigrants in, or planning to come to, Ontario.
- Multicultural Calendar This page lists Holy Days of 12 major religions: Aboriginal Peoples, Baha'i, Buddhism, Christian, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Shinto, Sikhism, Wicca and Zoroastrian. Teachers can check out this website to learn what major holidays students practice.
- Canada's School Net A national initiative to make services and resources available to schools and education providers across Canada through electronic networking.
- Culture Profiles by Country This site provides a cultural profile for a wide range of countries. Each profile provides an overview of life and customs in the profiled country.
- Intercultural E-mail Classroom Connections (IECC) This is a free service to help teachers link with partners in other countries and cultures for e-mail classroom pen pal and project exchanges. IECC is intended for teachers seeking partner classrooms for international and cross-cultural e-mail exchanges.
This site is best viewed at 1024x768 or 800x600 resolution.
This page last updated: Aug. 27, 2004